- Sports Imaging
- Spinal Imaging and image-guided Intervention
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- International Skeletal Society
- British Society of Skeletal Radiology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
Richard qualified at Oxford University in 1995. He trained in Radiology at Guys and St Thomas’ Hospital, London. In 2003 he spent a year at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore on a Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship, before taking up a Consultant post there from 2004—2007. He was appointed to Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust in 2007.
He regularly lectures at National meetings on imaging and image-guided intervention for sports, musculoskeletal and rheumatological disorders.
His research and teaching interests include spinal cord Injury, spinal degeneration, and cartilage injury and repair.