- Minimally invasive treatment for cancer (image-guided ablation therapy)
- Image-guided intervention (biopsy and drainage)
- Thoracic and abdominopelvic cross-sectional Imaging, including Urological and Gastrointentinal Imaging
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- European Society of Radiology
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
Shamas graduated from the University of Leicester in 1995. He gained clinical experience in several medical specialties between 1995 and 2002 and acquired membership of the Royal College of Physicians in 2000. He joined the North of Scotland Radiology Training Scheme in 2002, acquiring Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists in 2005 with Certification of Specialist Training in Clinical Radiology in 2007.
He joined Grampian NHS Trust in 2007 as a Consultant Radiologist, based at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. He was actively involved in developing a new CT service in the Shetland Isles and provided a tumour ablation service in Aberdeen.
He joined Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust as a Consultant Radiologist in 2013, and now takes the lead role for thoracic imaging.